1Ummah Charity is a subsidiary of the 1Ummah Islamic Organization, a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) based in Abuja, Nigeria’s Capital City set up in July 2014 to provide humanitarian aid and assistance to the less privileged and those in emergency or crisis areas, regardless of their religious, regional or tribal affiliations. To this end, goods worth millions of naira have been supplied and distributed to the less privileged and numerous IDP camps and communities spread across the Country, especially in the North-Eastern States of Nigeria (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe), which have been ravaged by the insurgency in the region.
1Ummah Charity also has ongoing projects, such as:
- Providing free educational scholarships to over 200 bright and intelligent children from extremely poor homes to support their studies, (we hope to gradually increase this number to 1,000 in the next five (5) years);
- Settling of medical bills of Patients in hospitals who do not have the means to do so;
- Providing assistance to orphans and widows
- Prisoner amnesty (for those who were jailed for petty crimes like selling by the road-side/hawking, vulcanizers, etc and are unable to make bail)
- Medical Caravans (this involves going to remote areas and villages with a medical team comprised of Doctors, Nurses and Pharmacists, with the aim of providing the community with free medical services and medication), etc.
Since outburst of distress from north east Nigeria large number people have been driven from their homes and left unable to help themselves. The purpose of 1Ummah Charity is to provide humanitarian aid and assistance to the less privileged and those in emergency or crisis areas, regardless of their religious, regional or tribal affiliations. We have been able to do this through accumulation of funds to finance projects and programs to help people in distress and less the fortunate.
You can be part of it by spending on this cause.
“And whatever you spend in good, it will be repaid to you in full, and you shall not be wronged.” (Qur’an 2:272)
Programs & Projects
On Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th November 2014, 1Ummah Charity, visited victims of insurgency in Yola, Adamawa State. Some of the victims or internally displaced persons (IDPs) were being catered for in camps around Yola (such as the NYSC camp in Jimeta), while others were in communities scattered across Yola read more.
Yobe-Maiduguri on 23rd – 25th Ramadan 1436 [10th – 12th July, 2015]
Kabusa visitation on 23rd Shawwal 1436 [8th August 2015]
Masaka skills empowerment program in Dhul-Qa’dah [August]
How To Donate
You can either donate online using the donate now button or you pay into any one of our accounts listed below to help with the 1-Ummah Charity projects:
Bank: Jaiz Bank
Account Name: 1 Ummah
Account # : 0000954723
Bank : Stanbic IBTC bank
Account Name: 1 Ummah Islamic Organization
Account # :0015537891
Donate Online Here